Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Day In Gettysburg

I just got back to Chestertown from my day in Gettysburg. It was a long day, but personally a satisfying day for me. I got to help out Eric and John (two very good people) by doing the scorekeeping for the men's soccer match and both I know are very appreciative. The AD, David Wright (no, not the Mets third baseman), at Gettysburg also thanked me for scorekeeping the men's match.

Between the Washington College-Gettysburg field hockey/men's soccer doubleheader, I enjoyed the Johns Hopkins-Gettysburg football game and I got to talk to Ernie (the JHU SID) and it was good to see him too. It was homecoming at Gettysburg and the school's 175th anniversary. When the band came onto the field before the game, they lined up as 175.

Weatherwise, you couldn't ask for a better day. The sunshine was just amazing. While the wind was a bit gusty at times, it was a nice fall day.

I want to thank Eric and John for their hospitality. I want to give a belated thanks to Ryan for his hospitality on Wednesday at Haverford.

Days like this remind me why I love the sports information business so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home